Welcome to Cedarhurst of Sedalia, where we believe in providing more than just all-inclusive, maintenance-free living. Here, life is all about experiences, friendship, and independence.
Picture yourself here
Life at Cedarhurst begins with outstanding amenities, customized support, and connections made to last for years.
At Cedarhurst, you choose what comes next. We're here to cheer you on.
It's All About You
Not every resident at Cedarhurst is the same, which means we spend time honoring and celebrating the people who call our community home. We can't wait to get to know you and welcome your traditions.
Our community's success is built on a foundation of experienced and caring team members. Here, staff becomes family, and we're always ready to give you an update on what's happening next.
Our community is bustling with activity, which means you'll always find someone to grab a cup of coffee with, take that group exercise class with, or take a stroll with. Life is sweeter beside friendly neighbors.
THE CEDARHURST promise™
We know you'll love it here, but in case you change your mind, we offer a 60-day money-back guarantee. Peace of mind never felt so good.
Meet the Team
Exceptional senior living begins with the team that works at the community. Here at Cedarhurst, we hire experienced, flexible, and caring staff members. They are eager to get to know you and your family.
Life just got a lot more convenient.
Take the time to create the lifestyle you want.
Weekly Housekeeping Services
Laundry and Linen Services
On-Site Therapy Services
Multiple Dining Options
Community and Wellness Room
On-Site Full-Service Salon
Outdoor Spaces and Paths
See all amenities and services.
- On-site physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy
- A variety of floor plan options that include:
- Wheelchair accessible apartments and suites
- Spacious bathrooms
- 24-hour call system
- Individual climate controls
- Expanded cable TV
- Available Wi-Fi and telephone hook-ups
- Assisted living apartments include:
- Personal mailboxes
- Independent living apartments include:
- Individually-coded entry
- Kitchens with ovens and stoves
- Washers and dryers
- Optional garage parking with remote entry
- Personal mailboxes
- All utilities included except personal telephone
- Bright, cheery, and spacious dining room with private dining space for special events with friends and family
- Community and wellness room for recreation and activities
- Charming living room and sitting areas with fireplace
- Full-service, in-house beauty shop and barber shop
- Beautiful outdoor space with courtyards and a BBQ grill
- Guest suite available on-premise for family, friends and loved ones
- Pet friendly
- 24-hour professional staff
- Ongoing assessments and health monitoring by licensed nurses for assisted living residents
- An electronic health records platform for assisted living residents to keep family members connected to their loved one’s care and wellness
- Complimentary emergency pendant program
- Continental breakfast and full lunch served restaurant-style each day for independent living residents, and three healthy, seasonal and fresh home-cooked meals each day for assisted living residents
- Flexible dining hours and menus
- Snacks available anytime
- Beverage bar available 24/7
- Resident-centered life enrichment programs:
- Intergenerational programs
- Music therapy and pet therapy
- Exercise and fitness sessions
- Social functions, parties, and multiple daily activities
- Weekly religious services, including an on-site chapel
- Shopping and errand services
- Bus shuttle for events and activities
- Active Resident Council for independent living residents
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- Weekly apartment cleaning
- Maintenance repairs
- Weekly laundry service for assisted living residents
Can I bring my pet?
Absolutely! We know that your house isn't your home without your furry companion. Talk to our team to learn more about our pet-friendly campus.
Can my family visit as often as they would like?
Families are an important part of life here at Cedarhurst. Family members and friends are invited to enjoy any of our programs or opportunities with you, or to just pop in for a spontaneous visit. Invite them to eat a meal with you or entertain them in your home. It's your call.
Tell me more about dining options.
Dining at Cedarhurst is more than a nutritious meal prepared by our culinary team. It's a sensory experience best enjoyed with friends. You'll find multiple dining options on campus, including a restaurant for meals and a beverage bar available 24/7.
Cedarhurst dining—Crafted by Cedarhurst SM—is designed to meet the needs and preferences of all residents.
Here, you’ll find:
- An always-available menu: Loaded with favorites, including breakfast items served all day, it’s the list of tasty goodies residents know they can count on even as other menu items change with the seasons.
- Daily specials on every menu: Developed regionally to reflect the area’s culture and tastes, the specials are also seasonal, with freshly sourced ingredients.
- A fresh soup of the day: Soups vary by region and time of year.
- Health-focused choices, including:
- Heart Healthy, for those especially concerned about cardiac health
- Brain Boost, good for preserving and strengthening cognitive functions
- Gluten-Free, to satisfy those with gluten intolerance
- Diabetic, using sugar substitutes to protect residents who have diabetes
- Low-Sodium, for those who need to limit salt intake
What are your programs and events like?
Our event calendar is packed with opportunities designed to meet the desires of our residents. You can find live concerts, happy hour socials, cognitive exercise, yoga classes, and more. We also offer regular excursions around town to favorite local restaurants, museums, and other points of interest.
Don't see something you'd like? Tell us! We are always looking for new ideas. In fact, we regularly survey residents and create an event calendar based on their recommendations and requests.
How will I make new friends?
The best part about living at Cedarhurst is the new connections you'll make with neighbors and team members. We've created a community with plenty of nooks, rooms, and other shared spaces that are hubs of connection between neighbors. Our event calendar gives you the chance to share an experience with others, perhaps striking up a conversation along the way.
You can also get settled in by taking advantage of our one-of-a-kind Pair to Prepare™ program, where you can have a family member stay with you for your first few days in your new home. Having a familiar face nearby will give you the confidence to begin fostering friendships with your neighbors by attending events, meals, and other opportunities throughout the community.
Can I visit Cedarhurst of Sedalia?
Yes! The Cedarhurst lifestyle is best experienced in person. We would love to invite you to come in for a tour or to enjoy a meal or event at our community. Ready to book your visit? Schedule a tour now.
A Refreshing Approach to Life Enrichment:
More Than Life Enrichment:
We're Living TRUESM
Senior living shouldn't look the same for everyone. You want to bring your pet? Check. Looking to keep up with a part-time consulting gig? OK. Prefer to plan an international trip with friends? You've got it.
We're here to support you with tailored assistance that helps you live your best life, whatever that might mean to you.
We call it Living TRUESM, an innovative and customized approach to life enrichment.
Tailored Days and Experiences
Uplifted and Celebrated Strengths
Genuine and Heartfelt Relationships
Experiences to Excite the Senses
We've designed apartment homes to meet the needs of your style and budget. Explore our plans and start deciding where to hang your favorite art on the walls.
Independent Living Floor Plans
Live how you’d like with nine distinct and spacious floor plans to choose from. And please join us for a tour of any or all apartments that interest you. Floor plans simply cannot do justice to how airy, expansive, and comfortable our residences are in person!
Living Space: 385 sq. ft.
Assisted Living Floor Plans
Cedarhurst of Sedalia offers a wide range of apartment choices for residents. Apartments include wheelchair accessible bathrooms, a 24-hour emergency call system, individual climate controls, and expanded cable TV.
Welcome to Sedalia
We love being a part of the Sedalia community! There's plenty to do and see here, whether you are shopping or dining locally, enjoying the area's hiking trails, or volunteering for local organizations.
Need ideas for somewhere to take your visiting family or a suggestion for seeing somewhere new? We'd love to point you in the right direction.
Get Directions →