Who Needs Independent Senior Living?
Independent living apartments are perfect for seniors who don’t require active levels of assistance. Many of our residents come to us because they are tired of maintaining a large home and want to live life with fewer complications.
Independent living provides grounds maintenance, housekeeping services, and more, giving residents the opportunity to maintain their independence and do what they love, while removing the burden of residential upkeep and chores.
This lifestyle option is great for seniors who:
- Are still responsible for their daily activities, including managing medications
- Have—and enjoy—a busy social schedule
- Love social activities and learning new things
- Enjoy new friends and the company of other seniors
- Want to give up everyday chores they don’t like to have more time for hobbies and activities they love
Much More Than a Beautiful Apartment
A beautiful independent senior living apartment is a must—but independent residents need so much more. Independent living residents want to keep living life their way, enjoying a lifestyle that includes a wide range of amenities, delicious meals, and ample opportunity for personal growth, all with the resident’s personal preferences in mind.
Maintenance Is Included—and Convenient with Independent Living
Independent living frees residents from household chores and maintenance, giving them more time to do what makes them happy. This means someone else takes care of:
- Bed linen service
- Plumbing and other facilities management
Residents who love to garden can garden and not worry about things like yard work, gutter cleaning, and snow removal. In other words, residents have fun while we take care of the maintenance.
What About Pets at Senior Living Communities?
Pets are family! That’s why most Cedarhurst communities let residents bring their small to medium pets, and even offer outdoor space for walks.
Independent Senior Living Amenities
- Forget cafeteria food—independent living communities have multiple dining options, so residents can enjoy a variety of dishes.
- Our kitchens specifically prepare and create exclusive delicious menus for residents overseen by our Regional Dining Directors, all of which are experienced chefs.
- Residents love our celebrations, like theme parties, happy hours, and holidays.
Fun activities for the body and mind
- Swimming and exercise classes
- Mental calisthenics
- Fascinating films and lectures
- Frequent social outings
- Indoor and outdoor recreation
Where can I find Cedarhurst independent senior living communities?
Cedarhurst offers Independent Living at these locations: