Fitness Apps for Seniors
With the recent push on wellness, as well as the advances in technology, it’s not uncommon for adults of all ages to install apps on their smartphone or mobile device to increase their engagement in exercise. There are many apps available, with some geared more to older adults. You might want to check out the following:
- My Fitness Pal – gives you a place to track your daily intake of food and water, as well as your activities throughout the day
- Map My Walk – tracks how far you walk each day
- Daily Yoga or Pocket Yoga – both provide instructions on various poses, including videos
- Silver Sneakers Go – offers weekly strength and mobility programs to meet your fitness level
- 7 Minute Chi – series of guided Tai Chi exercises
As always, consult your physician before beginning any new exercise program. Happy health!