In all of our communities, we are committed to protecting the safety and well-being of our residents, their families, our guests, and our employees. To stay ahead of the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we continue to take proactive, preventive steps. Rest assured, we are vigilantly monitoring all developments and stand ready to adjust and implement new measures.
Our Policies & Resources
Below are the policies and resources we have put in place effective immediately to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Last Updated -01/03/2021
We recognize the enormous emotional and physical toll this year has had on our residents, family members, and our employees. Many of us have spent very little time visiting our loved ones and would give anything to be able to simply give them a hug. Currently, our visitation policy follows each state's specific guidelines unless otherwise directed.
Last Updated -01/16/2021
Our Response Levels & Vaccine Information
Here is a direct link to our Coronavirus Policy and Procedures detailing the steps our Communities will take to maintain a state of readiness for the prevention of and prompt response to a Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Last Updated -01/16/2021
Resident & Family Resources
We strongly encourage Residents not to leave their Community for anything other than a necessary medical appointment that the physician does not recommend postponing. This is to reduce exposure to the public that hasn’t been screened for signs and symptoms. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.
We highly recommend all families to sign up for the Caremerge Family Engagement App to receive in-time notifications and text messages regarding updates on the steps we are taking against COVID-19 and to stay engaged with Residents.
Resident Voluntary LOA Agreement
Resident Re-Entry Screening Tool
New Resident Screening Tool
Download the Caremerge Family App on the Apple Store
Download the Caremerge Family App for Android
Caremerge Family Engagement Authorization Form
Last Updated -01/16/2021
Effective now through August 31st, we have put a travel policy in place to help protect our Residents and employees. Additionally, in order for our Communities to be proactive and prevent COVID-19 from spreading through our employees, an employee log has been created for each Community to keep track of critical information.
The links below provide resources on how to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
Actions We Have Taken
- Created and implemented a multitude of COVID-19 Policies, including specific policies on Visitors, Third-Party Essential Medical Personnel and Resident and Employee Travel
- Created a multidisciplinary corporate COVID-19 Response Team to support our entire organization and local communities
- Members of the COVID-19 Response Team committee include the following: Chief Wellness Officer, All Vice Presidents, Corporate Director of Clinical Services, Corporate Director of Communications, Corporate Director of Environmental Services, Director of Wellness, Corporate Director of Life Enrichment and several corporate support staff along with direct involvement of all Regional Directors of Operations, Regional Directors of Nursing, Regional Directors of Dining Services, Regional Directors of Sales and all Executive Directors
- Created, implemented and continuously enhance COVID-19 focused employee training programs
- Secured onsite testing kits in our communities through our partnership with a private lab allowing us to administer testing to residents and employees that show symptoms and obtain results within 24-72 hours
- Offering both nasal and saliva testing in addition to rapid tests for those showing signs and symptoms
- Mobilized a testing response team that can travel to any community needing to test residents and employees
- Implemented daily mandatory staff training on COVID-19 Policies, precautions, and preventions
- Created an internal email inbox for associate questions that is monitored 24/7
- Actively monitoring all media, public health authorities, hospital sources, CDC, etc. for updates
- Ordered additional personal protective equipment organization-wide and are continually assessing our supply capacity
- Gathered locations of all employees’ other healthcare employment, spouse or roommate employment, and children’s schools/daycares in order to prevent cross-contamination at a Cedarhurst location from a known COVID-19 site.
- Monitoring county positivity rates in order to test our employees and third-party providers based on county testing requirements.
- Constant communication with Residents, their families, and staff
- Sending updates to family members via our Caremerge electronic health record system
- Implemented text message alerts to family members to constantly keep them informed
- Utilizing social media to make local Community updates
- We have notified all vendors and suppliers regarding our policy and safety requirements
- Our team will coordinate remote communications via video and audio calls between Residents and family
- Effective 03/12/2020, we've suspended visits to all of our communities for all persons except essential direct healthcare professionals/workers, family member(s) for a Resident on hospice (i.e. end-of-life situations), emergency and life/safety personnel, admission/re-admission of approved Residents
- Created designated Cedar Coves in each community which are designated visitation areas for residents and family members
- Created dedicated outdoor visitation areas
- Invested in companywide Zoom accounts to allow for high quality virtual visits
- Consistently monitoring state visitation guidance in order to intact upon them immediately
- Entrance and exit to Communities are restricted to the front door
- Delivery services should be made to the front door between business hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Employees transport packages to Residents' apartments
- All permitted visitors will go through our Signs & Symptoms screening, including a temperature check
- Implemented daily COVID-19 screening for all Residents, including temperature checks
- Implemented daily COVID-19 screening for all employees and essential third-party healthcare workers
- Further reinforced process for management of all respiratory infections including implementation of quarantine procedures for all those showing symptoms of any respiratory infection
- Plan to immediately notify the health department for clusters of respiratory infections or suspected COVID-19
- Trained all Residents on information about COVID-19, actions their Community is taking to protect them, visitor restrictions and actions they can take to protect themselves
- Residents who leave the building for anything other than a necessary medical appointment or other approved special circumstance will be placed on isolation precautions upon return and must sign a Voluntary Leave of Absence agreement
- Implementation of social distancing protocols including restricting sponsored activities to groups of 3 or less, implemented in-room dining for Residents, encouraging Residents to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene
- Out of an abundance of caution, we place Residents on isolation that have symptoms of upper respiratory illness
- Testing Residents and employees who report even the slightest symptoms of respiratory illness or if there is a positive COVID-19 exposure in the community. Residents that get tested will remain in isolation while their results are pending
- Secured on-site oxygen concentrators for emergency use
- Partnered with Washington University in St. Louis and Create Circles Companionship Calls to offer virtual companionship calls
- Coordinated with local musicians to provide residents with outdoor concert experiences
- Secured and offer two- way communication cameras for positive resident apartments to allow families to have constant monitoring and communication with their loved one for added peace of mind
- Launched our Pair to Prepare Program which is a unique program designed to help new residents ease into life at Cedarhurst with the comfort, companionship and support of a loved one by their side.
- Launched our Cedarhurst Staycation Program which allows family members to “vacation” with their loved ones in the community while following all COVID-19 policies and procedures
We are committed to providing timely updates as information changes to our Residents, their families and our employees. For additional media inquiries, please reach out to Samantha Prinster, Corporate Director of Communications.