Where the pandemic has changed the game, we’ve changed to keep up. We’ve created – and rigorously follow – policies on visitors, third-party essential medical personnel, and resident and team member travel.
Keeping up with COVID-19 developments has meant actively monitoring media, public health authorities, hospital sources and CDC updates – and adjusting our policies and behaviors accordingly.
Staff Programs & Training
We love our team members, so we:
- Created a multidisciplinary corporate COVID-19 Response Team supporting local communities and our entire organization.
- Set up daily, mandatory team member training on COVID-19 policies, precaution, and prevention.
- Collected the details about team members’ other healthcare employment, spouse or roommate employment, and children’s schools/daycares so we can smartly prevent cross-contamination from a known COVID-19 site to a Cedarhurst location.
- Opened and monitored 24/7 a dedicated email inbox for team member questions.
To keep track of what's happening, we test.
- We partner with a private lab so we can test residents and team members onsite when they show symptoms – and get results within 24-72 hours.
- For those showing signs and symptoms, we offer nasal and saliva testing, plus rapid tests.
- Our mobile response team travels to any community that needs testing.
- Daily, we screen residents for COVID-19 – including temperature checks.
- Also daily, we screen all team members and essential third-party healthcare workers.
Being ready is an easy way to show we care, and we keep our PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) well stocked – with inventory continually reassessed – throughout our communities. Plus, we’ve secured on-site oxygen concentrators for emergency use.