Cedarhurst of Edwardsville, IL
Edwardsville, IL 62025
In 2010, Family Circle named Edwardsville, IL one of the “Top 10 Best Towns for Families”. That’s why it’s the perfect place for a Cedarhurst family.
Cedarhurst of Edwardsville is home to 54 Memory Care apartments. This location is specifically designed to meet the needs of people living with Alzheimer’s and related memory loss. Cedarhurst of Edwardsville is staffed with a friendly and expertly-trained team dedicated to the preservation of the dignity and independence of our residents.
We offer a wide range of services designed to foster comfort and love, all set on a beautiful location with both private and shared suites. Cedarhurst of Edwardsville is more than just a place to live – it is a community. Our community features include activities and an enrichment program designed to stimulate memories and abilities, allowing our residents to truly thrive. Cedarhurst is filled with warmth, family, friends and a sense of pride.
A completely customized experience for those who may be suffering from memory loss. From daily individual therapy and support to group activities and exercises, we have specifically designated memory care apartment spaces to meet your unique needs.
Cedarhurst Memory Care honors the importance of family members being a part of developing a care plan. In addition, all of our activities throughout the day are open to family members and friends. We welcome the feedback from a resident’s personal support network about what experiences would be most valuable for an individual and we are happy to partner with a family caregiver for certain services when it benefits our residents.
Every day at Cedarhurst of Edwardsville is intentionally constructed to nourish the body, mind, and spirit of our memory care residents. We provide a balance of structure and freedom that encourages the abilities of the people that live in our community. Whether a resident prefers group or individual activities, we have many opportunities for both types of experiences to enrich our residents’ lives.
Here’s what a typical day at Cedarhurst of Edwardsville looks like:
- Wake up when you’d like. It’s time for another amazing day; you should start it based on your personal preferences.
- Eat your first of three family-style home-cooked meals in our beautiful dining area.
- You have the option of participating in a morning group activity or outing. Some days it is shopping in town, other days it is bingo, today you’re going to work on a group art project in one of our common areas.
- After a fulfilling morning, there’s time for some quiet rest or conversation with other residents.
- You can grab a drink from the 24-hour beverage bar any time of day. Cedarhurst quenches the thirst for superior senior living and also, just quenches your thirst.
- After eating another delicious meal, the afternoon activity or entertainment kicks off. We schedule all of our events a month in advance.
- Cedarhurst offers group and individual therapy when necessary. Based upon your requests, the feedback of family and doctors, and our expert opinions, we’ll build a support structure that accentuates daily life.
- The evening is time for individual activities. Pursue the things you enjoy, learn a new skill, listen to your favorite music through our Music & Memory Therapy Program, interact with a pet companion through our Pet Therapy Program; the world is your oyster.
- For night owls, there is no bedtime. There are always opportunities to explore the Cedarhurst common area or interact with our overnight caregivers.
- Throughout our common space, there are stations and specialty areas that people can enjoy whenever they like:
- A wardrobe with period clothing or scarves with varied textures can stimulate memories or just good feelings
- An office for people who like to stay connected with work memories
- A cooking area with a full kitchen allows people to stay engaged with their sense of taste and smell while sharing memories of good times in their family kitchen
Additional “flex” spaces allow room to specifically address the interests and requests of residents and their family members